[PLUG] ANNOUNCEMENT: BLUE Group Meets on Tuesday Evening.

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Mon Aug 19 17:27:19 UTC 2002

Tango Charlie of the BLUE Group send the following posting to me.

By the way, this posting doesn't include the time of the meeting, but
the BLUE Web site gives the time as 7:00 PM.

                                                        Dave Mandel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 23:29:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tango Charlie <tcholmes at yahoo.com>
To: dmandel at DavidMandel.com
Subject: please forward

Please forward this to the appropriate PLUG list.

This is a special invitation to anyone who would like to shape the
knowledge of Linux newbies.  We're not looking for commitments at
this point, just wisdom.  Of course if you want to brain dump at our
meetings, that would be welcome. :)

BLUE group will be meeting this Tuesday, 8/20/2002. (NOT Monday,
sorry about the site glitch...) The purpose of this meeting will be
to flesh out the direction of the group as a whole.

The primary goal will be to flesh out the "Canon." The Canon, is
supposed to be a long term list of repeating topics, about once every
year or so.

He're the working list:
* Installation
* Everything you *THOUGHT* you needed MS Windows for, accomplished w/

Linux.
* Security, including anti-virus.
* Utilites
* System Maintenance and Upgrade. RPM's etc.
* System automation. scripts, etc.
* Networking. Broadband and Samba and Routers.

We're meeting at the usual place this month, Round Table Pizza 10150
SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy. It's on the corner Beaverton-Hillsdale
Highway and Western Ave., behind the KFC.

TC
Chief Cat Herder (and, uh, cat...)
bluegroup at bluegroup.org
http://www.bluegroup.org/