[PLUG] Re: [PLUG] WinXP can’t connect Samba_Server which can connect WinXP for files sharing

Stephen Liu satimis at writeme.com
Tue Aug 20 04:22:48 UTC 2002

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your response.

At 09:51 AM 8/13/2002 -0700, Keith Nasman wrote:
>On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Stephen Liu wrote:
>
> > Hi All Folks.
> >
> > I encountered following problem
> >
> > WinXP can't connect Samba_Server but Samba_Server can connect WinXP for
> > files sharing
> >
> >          security = SHARE
> >
>I have not tried SHARE. You might try setting that to USER and then make
>sure you are logging in to the XP box with the same username and password.

a)  I also tried 'user" but it did not help.

b) Yes in the same user's name but without password.  There is no
password.  This is an experiment.

Now I download "Samba-2.2.5-1" from Samba.org website and upgrade samba
application

# rpm -qa|grep samba
samba-2.2.5-1

# service smb start
Starting SMB services: [ OK ]

Only "smb services" indicated. "nmb service" disappears. Is it correct for
version 2.2.5-1 ??? Kindly advise me whether I need to have it reinstall
!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Stephen