[PLUG] What'sa vcard?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Tue Aug 20 21:38:21 UTC 2002

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   What are these 'vcards' that Microsoft users -- particularly at agencies

I think Netscape has this option also.  But ... vVard is defined in two
parts:

	RFC 2425, MIME Content-Type for Directory Information and
	RFC 2426, vCard MIME Directory Profile

I did a quick search using google and found this site at the top.

	http://www.imc.org/pdi/

>   When I open the pine mailbox containing one of these thingies it takes a
> while while the MUA goes through the "scroll text". Is there anyway to cut
> them off in postfix or procmail before the message is gently placed in the
> inbox?

I'm sure most anything is possible.  I don't seem to remember getting
any of these (has to do with the company I keep - not many MSers ) so I
can't say if I've seen the behavior you describe.  I too use pine.