[PLUG] It's free as in air and speech, not free as in beer.

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Aug 21 22:04:33 UTC 2002

Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> Quite frankly, when I see these Debian v. Red Hat discussions on this
> list, I am stunned by how few people actually support Red Hat on technical
> merits.  Usually the argument is simply reduced to "Diff'rent strokes for
> diff'rent folks" and the Red Hat users urge the discussion dropped.  I've
> yet to hear anyone argue that Red Hat is actually superior to Debian in
> any way.  Instead, Debian supporters are branded and their arguments
> dismissed as zealotry.

Because, speaking from the people I know, Red Hat people either a) Don't
know enough to argue one way or the other or b) Know enough not to bother
arguing.  My current attitude is this, copped from someone on Kuro5hin:
"Winning an argument on the Internet is like winning a gold medal in the
Special Olympics: You might be the champ but you're still a retard."

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
QCSNet                                     http://www.qcsn.com
* * * * T1, Frame Relay, DSL, Dial-up, and Web Hosting * * * *