[PLUG] attbi wierdness

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Aug 21 22:03:15 UTC 2002

>>>>> "lemming" == lemming  <lemming at attbi.com> writes:

lemming> Odd. I don't think I had any outages since last week
lemming> when it was down for a day. (Thursday?)  It had gone
lemming> down around 1:30 am. (I run a couple cron scripts at 1am
lemming> and 2am that download some stats. The 2am didn't get out)
lemming> I noted it when I left in the morning, but didn't do
lemming> anything.  Got home around 2pm and saw an AT&T truck out
lemming> front.  Apparently, the house across the street had
lemming> commplained.  I got added onto the service call (It was
lemming> a neighborhood problem) and a couple hours later
lemming> everything worked fine.  Since then, no problems. (well,
lemming> with my cable....)

If you ignore the DHCP lease expire time (:-) you might have gotten
by ok.  I don't think anything was wrong with routing... just
with the DHCP service.