[PLUG] It's free as in air and speech, not free as in beer.

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Aug 21 22:57:44 UTC 2002

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Wil Cooley wrote:
> Because, speaking from the people I know, Red Hat people either a)
> Don't know enough to argue one way or the other or b) Know enough not
> to bother arguing.

I don't understand that second statement.  Are you saying that you just
assume that nobody will listen and give creedance to reasoned, critical
arguments?

I haven't yet reached that level of cynicism and I hopefully never will.
I am truly sorry that some people have.

> My current attitude is this, copped from someone on Kuro5hin:
> "Winning an argument on the Internet is like winning a gold medal in
> the Special Olympics: You might be the champ but you're still a
> retard."

Thank you for your sensitivity.

J.
--