[PLUG] Linux DSL modems (Possibly OT)

Jason Dagit dagit at engr.orst.edu
Thu Aug 22 17:31:59 UTC 2002

I've been considering getting DSL since cable is not an option at my
apartment.  I have to use qwest (ick!) and I think I will use peak (a
local ISP that uses RH) for my isp.

I called qwest and the only dsl modem they can offer me (since I qualify
only for their lowest end service) is the actiontec 1520, which is a usb
modem.  My router is a 486 running linux, and so it doesn't have usb.  I
know the cisco 678 to be compatible with qwest.  Does anyone have a dsl
modem like the cisco 678 that they would be willing to part with?  I could
possibly do a trade with a cable modem, or just buy it from you.

Thanks,
Jason