[PLUG] Linux DSL modems (Possibly OT)

Jason Dagit dagit at engr.orst.edu
Thu Aug 22 19:19:58 UTC 2002

Thanks I'll ask them that.  Do you know anyway I can talk to someone
knowledgeable when I call them?  I always end up talking to people that
"just work there" if you know what I mean.  No disrespect to them, but
they never know enough to answer the tough questions.

> Just playing devils advocate. I haven't researched this at all, and the two
> modems may do the same job. I just figure that if the Cisco would work,
> Qwest would be willing to sell you one, if they're still distributing them.

I couldn't descern that today.  At first he said the 678 wasn't
compatible, but then I asked him if I bought one if it would work with the
service and he said, people use their own all the time.  And I said even
the 678 with the service you are offering me...and he said I think so...

Maybe I should just give up and use windows and only connect one computer
to the internet...while I'm at it I would sign up for MSN...oh wait,
that's a BAD idea....

Jason