[PLUG] OT, sorta..: consulting question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Aug 24 03:44:03 UTC 2002

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Anthony Schlemmer wrote:

> I don't recall how much it cost to incorporate but seemed to be pretty
> cheap and there are a lot of websites put up by agents in Delaware that
> can be used to setup a corporation.

  Most of us are not so large that the breaks related to Delaware
incorporation are worth while.

  In 1994 my accountant charged me $84 to fill out and file the papers. The
corporate stamp and the bank deposit stamp _were_ expensive. I pay $30 per
year to retain registration with the Corporate Division of the Oregon
Secretary of State's Office.

  Every so often I write up minutes for the annual meeting (which I usually
hold over a cup of coffee some morning when I think of it). I print the
minutes and put them in the corporate binder.

  No big deal.