[PLUG] Upgrading PHP - How do I uninstall the old versoin?

Matt Alexander m at netpro.to
Sun Aug 25 04:57:17 UTC 2002

You should be able to just 'make install' over the old PHP install (add
any specific configure options for your environment, of course).  If
you've made changes to your php.ini, then you'll want to backup those
changes somewhere.  Everything else, including your httpd.conf should stay
the same.  As per the instructions you followed below, I recommend setting
'register_globals = Off' for security reasons (it's the default now
anyway).  You'll then use the $_POST, $_GET, and $_COOKIE arrays instead.
~M