[PLUG] Port probes...

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at attbi.com
Mon Aug 26 05:48:40 UTC 2002

If you're referring to port 1433 it is quite common anymore. It might
that SQLsnake worm that is looking for open SQL Server systems where it
can attempt to crack the DB adminstrator password via brute force
means. Once DB administrator access is obtained, queries can be run
against the database and files can be modified on the system.

http://online.securityfocus.com/news/429

My cable modem has been lit up like a xmas tree for weeks and reminds me
of the same sort of network activity I saw when when the Nimba virus
was making the rounds.

Tony