[PLUG] Linux Distros

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Mon Aug 26 17:35:54 UTC 2002

> Is there a place in the greater Portland area where I
> can buy just the distribution of say Red Hat or Debian
> for a really low price?  I like to buy them from Linux
> Central but the shipping cost is too high so I am
> looking for alternates.  Red Hat from Linux Centeral
> costs $7 and Debian costs $14.

If you can't find a suitable local option, you might want to try
www.cheapbytes.com.  For example:

Unofficial redhat 5 cd set $9 + $6.50 UPS Ground (or $5 US Mail)

Debian 3.0 x86 binary 8 cd set $18 + $6.50 UPS Ground (or $5 US Mail)

Be aware that these are strictly the CD's.  No manuals, support, etc.
They do sell the official versions of Redhat, Suse, etc., but of course
it will cost more.

galen