[PLUG] GCC 3.2 and the kernel warning

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon Aug 26 18:03:28 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 10:03, Jason Dagit wrote:
> The new matrox parahilea(sp??) is pretty good and even more expensive.
> The new nvidia geforce 4 ti4600 has about the same MSRP, but the matrox
> card will cost you a lot more in practice.  I don't know how good the
> matrox drivers are, or if they are open source. But I think they are...
> Anyone have that card?

The Matrox cards tend to have faster 2D. The nVIDIA has faster 3D.  Both
have proprietary libraries needed for full use.  (The Matrox libraries
are less obnoxious.)  The main reason for the Matrox Hardware
Abstraction Library being closed source is that there is one bit in the
library that controls Macrovision(tm).  They don't want that information
getting out.  (Even though I have the exact location somewhere in this
mess...)

One bit to rule them all and in the darkness bind them...