[PLUG] Re: LSB and initscripts

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at hegbloom.net
Mon Aug 26 22:19:46 UTC 2002

Steve Beattie <steve at wirex.net> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 09:44:00PM -0700, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
> > Debian's runlevel configuration is poorly done, as of the present.
> > (It will be much improved by the dependancy based setup mandated by
> > the LSB.)
>
> Hmm? I just recently looked at the LSB and it appeared to me that it
> required SysV style run-levels. I've wanted a dependency based setup for
> quite a while after hearing David Parsons and Richard Gooch propose them.
> Pointers to where the LSB currently does or will require this in the
> future appreciated.

Oh really?  For some reason I thought they mandated that...  Guess
not.  It's that the init scripts are supposed to contain specially
formatted comment headers that contain that dependancy information.

--
As any limb well and duly exercised, grows stronger,
the nerves of the body are corroborated thereby. --I. Watts.  .''`.