[PLUG] Linux Distros

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Aug 27 00:11:08 UTC 2002

DAMNIT!  Why did I receive Preston's reply, but not Geoff's original
message AGAIN?

If anyone has any idea why this is happening or any evidence that it's
happening to anyone else, please let me know.  My mail logs are totally
clean.  Near as I can tell, there is no attempt to deliver some of these
messages to my server.

I apologize to Geoff, but I can only reply to the portion Preston quoted.

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Geoff Burling wrote:
> The image of ``Antichrist", on the other hand, is still a fresh &
> precise one. He is a human so evil & opposed to humanity that
> Tolkien's Sauron or Melkor pale in comparison, who is supposed to
> emerge in the Last Days before something like Jeme's long-awaited
> revolution occurs.

Geoff, I hate to say this, but you still seem to be missing the point.

Even if everything you write is absolutely true (and I don't think it is,
but that's no matter at all in this discussion), that only makes my point
stronger.

Corporations and profit-driven actions are not evil in that same sense.
They are not directly and obviously anti-human and so a comparison to the
anti-christ is inappropriate and misleading and just shows the ignorance
and laziness of the person making the analogy.

Preston was right when he said that such a reference is the action of a
person who either does not understand or cannot be bothered to properly
consider the opposing view rationally.

This whole thing is a comment on rhetorical style, not superstition or
mythology.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin