[PLUG] Hard drives -- danger?

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Tue Aug 27 01:47:19 UTC 2002

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:44:42 -0700 (PDT)
"E. Rogan Creswick" <creswick at cs.orst.edu> wrote:

ERC> Aluminum cases have the advantage of acting as a heatsink (more so than
ERC> a steel case), since aluminum conducts heat very well. They are quite
ERC> expensive, but they also tend to be very well engineered (I have never

Actually, I have found tests run comparing an aluminum case and a steel case.  The two performed about the same.

So, I'm still not sure myself if they really do or not.  I've not tested it myself, mainly because I lack the extra dosh to purchase such a thing.  For now, I prefer to stick with my steel cases and spend the money I saved over the aluminum cases on some nice Panaflows.

Gotta love Wacky Willys for that.

--
"Remember, no matter how cynical you think you are,
  reality is going to find a way to make you look naive."