[PLUG] Having problems loading shared libraries. (fwd)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 27 18:27:12 UTC 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, John Hampton wrote:

> What's the output of ldd?  i.e. of lyx is located in /usr/bin then what
> does it say when you do: [rshepard at salmo ~]$ ldd /usr/bin/lyx

  Another thing: I searched google for the dynamic_cast symbol and saw a
whole bunch of broken programs reporting the same thing. According to one
message, this my indicate that the runtime needs libc-2.2 rather than
libc-2.1. But, I thought that rebuilding on the local system avoided
dependencies like this.