[PLUG] Having problems loading shared libraries. (fwd)

Jason Dagit dagit at engr.orst.edu
Tue Aug 27 22:52:55 UTC 2002

I'm clueless.  I would like to know for future reference how to debug
this.  It would be a very useful skill I imagine.

I think someone already recommended one tool that probably already checked
this, but what about LIB_DIR and LDPATH (I'm not at a linux box so I can't
be sure I typed those correctly, use env in bash to print out all of your
enviroment strings.).  You may need to change something in the enviroment.

Of course, my disclaimer here is that I don't know what is going on.  But
I would like to learn how to fix this as well, and so I am just suggesting
things I would try inorder to learn more...

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   I checked this, Jason. They recommend gcc >= 2.95 and 2.96-10 is installed
> here.

I think the thread said that gcc 3.2 had issues, so I would bet you're
fine.

Wish I could help.  Let me know if you solve the problem.
Jason