[PLUG] Help with SCSI CD-RW drive

Fedor G. Pikus fedorp at wv.mentorg.com
Wed Aug 28 00:50:17 UTC 2002

iscsi is scsi over IP.
Normally it should not affect you, other than it might change the number
of scsi host, what was scsi0 can become scsi1 for example.
If you need iscsi but must have real scsi loaded first, you can ensure
it.
The reason CDPlayer comes up is probably because you use Gnome or KDE or
something similar which thinks it knows better what's good for you, so it
runs the autostarter in background. The autostarter is typically broken,
so it brings up CDPlayer on data CDs, or keeps polling audio CDs after you
start playing them, killing play every 5 seconds, or does something else
like that.
Under Gnome it's called "magicdev". Under KDE, I thinks it's "autorun".
Every now and then I have to troubleshoot someone's PC where CD does not
work. I begin by uninstalling magicdev and the other one. Usually this
concludes the troubleshooting process.