[PLUG] Re: pflogsumm.pl

Dan Young dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us
Wed Aug 28 14:40:06 UTC 2002

Billy M Dimaculangan wrote:
> When I run it from a desktop browser, this error appear.  What would I do?
> Internal Server Error
> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
> to complete your request.
> Please contact the server administrator, root at localhost and inform them of
> the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
> caused the error.
> More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

As I said before, pflogsumm.pl is not a cgi script to be run out of a
browser. Run it from a terminal as root, and I'll bet you'll be in business.

Carla was on the right track. Start w/ the basics. Think about getting a
book (O'reilly's Running Linux?) or finding some things on the web to
get you started, particularly w/ file ownership/permissions issues. Use
Google frequently. Do a little more experimenting. Lather, rinse, repeat.

http://www.tldp.org/ has some good docs on a variety of topics.

-Dan Young
-Parkrose School District