[PLUG] Mozilla hangs machine

Richard Steffens rsteff at attbi.com
Wed Aug 28 16:46:30 UTC 2002

Dirk Ouellette wrote:

> Why would the Mozilla browser hang my machine?

I'm in the process of loading Debian on one of my machines. I'm in the
Configuring Mozilla-browser phase. I don't know if this will shed any
light on your problem, but here's what they say on this screen:

Sometimes mozilla hangs since plugins (e.g. flashplugin) lock /dev/dsp.
You can use dsp wrapper to resolve it. 'auto' will decide which dsp
wrappers should b used according to the sound daemon running. When no
sound daemon is detected, mozilla won't use any wrapper. This setting
will be saved into /etc/mozilla/mozillarc and can be overridden with
your ~/.mozillarc.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens