[PLUG] First Time Debian Install

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Thu Aug 29 12:27:13 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 03:05, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> ...  You certainly
> don't want Halt as a logout option from your X session as a regular user

Why do you say that?  Certainly you would not want a remote console or
terminal for security reasons, but if I'm sitting at the connected
display, I'm probably within reach of the power and reset switches, or I
can just switch to the text console and give the three finger salute.
The only thing one gains by not putting reboot and halt options on the
logout popup, is inconvinence.

--
Brian Beattie            | Having had the honor of being selected
beattie at beattie-home.net | for a Resource Action by my former employer,
                         | it is my pleasure to announce my immediate
www.beattie-home.net     | availability, contract or permanent.
Embedded Systems, Linux/Unix internals Software Engineer