[PLUG] Flag folders w/new mail under pine?

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Fri Aug 30 06:49:11 UTC 2002

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Guy Hammer wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> > In pine, you add an incoming-folders directive to ~/.pinerc, e.g.,
> >
> > incoming-folders="plug" mail/mailinglists/plug,
> >  	"spam" mail/spam,
> > 	"foo-list" mail/mailinglists/foo-list
> >
> > Then once you're done reading your inbox, just press the Tab key. pine
> > will cycle through your incoming folders, giving you the option to
> > visit them if they contain new messages.
>
> Sweet! That's one of the better tips I've gleaned off of this list.
> Many thanks, Paul.

I would also share with you that I use the following in my .pinerc:
initial-keystroke-list=l,
    CR,
    ;,
    p,

I'm not sure if there's a better way to do that, but essentially it hops
to the first entry in my folder group list (the ones that get incoming
mail), opens that group, then selects groups that contain new
messages.  That way, I get a little X next to the names of all the folders
that contain new mail.

> Now another question - I use vim in place of pico for my pine compose
> editor. Can some one 'splain to me how to invoke ispell within vim?

That I don't know, but I have a related question:

On this list a while back, folks were describing how they use vim as their
editor from pine and are capable of doing more robust quote formatting
than pico handles by default.  This interest me immensely.  Can someone
share that info?

Thanks.
J.
--