[PLUG] A _Red Hat_ upgrade question

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at hegbloom.net
Fri Aug 30 09:10:05 UTC 2002

Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com> writes:

> On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Galen Seitz wrote:
>
> > I'm looking forward to the day when LVM or EVMS comes into common
> > use. When that happens, juggling partitions in this manner will be a
> > thing of the past.
>
> Has anybody used/tested EVMS? It's on my to-do list at work.

Yes; it works very well.  I'm useing EVMS and XFS together on two
machines.  All of the kernel patches and tools are available in Debian
for both, except for (this may have changed) a critical patch for XFS
that allows it to work correctly with EVMS.  That patch is available
at the EVMS sourceforge site.  You must use the "VFS-Lock" patch if
you plan to use snapshot volumes with journalling file systems.

--
As any limb well and duly exercised, grows stronger,
the nerves of the body are corroborated thereby. --I. Watts.  .''`.