[PLUG] Flag folders w/new mail under pine?

Sandy Herring sandy at herring.org
Fri Aug 30 16:42:13 UTC 2002

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Rogan Creswick wrote:

> While we are on the topic of email clients, I started using mutt today (and enjoy it so far, I previously used pine).

Did you use Mutt to post this? I don't see it in your X-headers, and your
line length appears to be > 125 characters.

> One question though: I want to have mutt open my inbox with any new messages from the mail spool copied there automatically.
> It currently is opening my mail spool, then prompts me to copy read messages from the spool to mbox (which is not my inbox..).
>
> Any pointers would be great, I'm really not sure where to start to get this to happen (any search terms?).

This would be better handled by a procmail recipe. Simply set the DEFAULT
environment variable to point at your mbox. You can then instruct mutt to
use your mbox as your mail spool by setting `spoolfile' in your .muttrc to
point to it... http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-6.html#spoolfile

Sandy
--
Sandy Herring, RHCE                        o              sandy at herring.org