[PLUG] Flag folders w/new mail under pine?

Sandy Herring sandy at herring.org
Fri Aug 30 20:22:44 UTC 2002

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Rogan Creswick wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 09:42:13AM -0700, Sandy Herring wrote:
> > Did you use Mutt to post this? I don't see it in your X-headers, and your
> > line length appears to be > 125 characters.
>
> I did use mutt, with vi as my editor and it did not linewrap, and I didn't pay
> enough attention to the line length (that's a task for today, get vi to wrap
> lines for in email..)

Woops, so you did...

...I missed that, sorry. As for line wrapping, if you're truly using `vi'
and not `vim' (poor guy), then in your .exrc you'd need to `set wrapmargin='
to some value...

    wm=<*>                  | wrapmargin - In append mode vi automatically
                            |   within <wm> columns from the right margin
                            |   (0 = don't put a <lf> in the file, yet put it
                            |   on the screen).

Hopefully `vi' is actually brining up `vim', in which case in your .vimrc
you could `set textwidth=' to the number of characters you always want for a
line length. `vim' offers a host of formatting controls. See...

   Linkname: Vim online doc: usr_25.txt

One handy tip with `vim' that parlays with `mutt' is to include this
autocommand in your .vimrc ...

au FileType mail set textwidth=76 formatoptions=t

There are plenty of other ways to skin that cat. I'll leave the RTFM and
Googling as an exercise for you :)

cheers,
Sandy
--