[PLUG] System message/kernel error?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Sat Aug 31 16:05:21 UTC 2002

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Rich Shepard wrote:

[snip]

>   I would very much like to understand why this appears in 1)
> /var/log/messages,

Rich,

I have a couple of systems that have the same 'problem' and some that
don't.  The ones that don't have BusLogic PCI/SCSI cards, the ones that do
have other cards.  (Mostly Adaptec 29xx cards.)  I believe it has to do
with a setting on the SCSI card about a sleep-mode/ bus-reset/ power-down/
some-such-thingy but the problem systems are 24/7 so I can't explore them
right now.  Only one of the BusLogic systems is under my direct control
and I've never had this problem with BusLogic SCSI cards.
   It would be interesting to know which chip set the SymBios is using.

Btw, I think you're using the same backup software I am, BRU, o we can't
blame it.  What about asking the BRU people (Tolis Group?) to see if
others have reported this issue and if they worked out a solution.
   They've always been good to me.

Rod