[PLUG] Fwd: RedHat RPMS

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Aug 31 22:16:35 UTC 2002

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Dirk Ouellette wrote:

>  I should have been more specific. How do I install all uninstalled rpms at
> one time from the command line?

  Oh. In this case, I would probably put the cdrom #1 in the drive, run
'init 6' from the command line and get back to the install/upgrade program.
I'd select 'upgrade', let the software check for packages to upgrade, tell
it you want to select among those, then go to the "Development System"
section and pick the ones you want. The installer will then find the
dependencies those need and install the whole bunch. Usually.