[PLUG] Path statement

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at pdxlinux.org
Mon Dec 2 21:17:32 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 09:51, Russ Johnson wrote:
> * Robert Kopp <iconoklastic at yahoo.com> [2002-12-02 00:44]:
> > When I type $PATH at the command prompt, I'm not quite
> > satisfied with what I see. If I want it different (and
> > the changes permanent), where do I make the changes? I
> > use Caldera OpenLinux 3.1, though this is probably not
> > a distribution-specific issue.
>
> Alternative to Karl's suggestion, and one that works on just about any website;
>
> Put this in a google search: PATH site:www.pdxlinux.org

Your search - PATH site:lists.pdxlinux.org - did not match any
documents.

Darn.  I need to fix that.  I think I'll get rid of the search engine on
www.pdxlinux.org, and just try to get google to index our list
archives.  Sound alright?  Any other suggestions?

Htdig is not really that great.  It reindexes everything every day,
since it has no incremental update.  It really ties up the machine while
it's running, also.