[PLUG] Path statement

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Dec 2 21:27:17 UTC 2002

* Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg at pdxlinux.org> [2002-12-02 13:16]:
> Your search - PATH site:lists.pdxlinux.org - did not match any
> documents.
>
> Darn.  I need to fix that.  I think I'll get rid of the search engine on
> www.pdxlinux.org, and just try to get google to index our list
> archives.  Sound alright?  Any other suggestions?

Depends on whether you actually consider it broken. I can't see if you are being sarcastic or not... :p

I'm assuming that google hasn't crawled the archives because it A) doesn't know about it, or B) there's a robots.txt file telling it not to crawl it.

I've heard good things about www.mnogosearch.com. I have no idea if what I've heard is true, because I haven't gotten to setting it up myself. Supposedly, it's lighter on the system than htdig, but it does use a mySQL database. So that, in turn may be hard on the system.

--
Russ Johnson
Stargate Online

Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another -- Murphy's Laws on Sex n°58