[PLUG] Logging in to headless systems

Cooper Stevenson cooper at linux-enterprise.net
Tue Dec 3 02:49:07 UTC 2002

Dick,

You're looking for the secure shell, or ``SSH.'' Secure shell offers you
a way to log in securely using a key-based authentication system and
encrypted communications over the network.

In the practical sense, once it's set up, it's really easy to use and it
also automatically exports the display of an application you run from a
remote machine to the machine you are on.

See the following link for details:

http://www.linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/MindTerm-SSH-HOWTO/

-Cooper