[PLUG] Inspiron 2650 - Good or Bad?

david yrn4dsl at attbi.com
Wed Dec 4 00:20:58 UTC 2002

On 03 Dec 2002 11:13:14 -0800
AthlonRob <athlonrob at data.4t3.com> wrote:

> As I'm a poor college student, I'm going with the 1-year base warranty.
> Do you know, if at the end of the warranty, they'll off you an extension
> for a bit more than you would have paid at first?

It sounds like you've already decided on the warranty, but for lightweight, abuse prone devices like laptops a longer warranty is good. I've got 3 (out of 10) expensive paperweights in a drawer at work waiting to be cannibalized. They aren't Dell but they all failed between 13-24 months after purchase.