[PLUG] Email on Linux vs MS

stuart mathews smathews at pcez.com
Thu Dec 5 00:41:05 UTC 2002

Sorry for this vague request.  I am looking for some direction.

An associate of mine and I are trying to help someone identify the optimal path
for creating a custom-built email system that will forward / route lots of emails.
 She had assumed the solution would be deployed on Microsoft technology.  As
a Linux newbie, my instinct is telling me the would be better served to deploy
this solution on Linux, but I don't know enough about email systems or Linux.

Can someone give me some pointers on why Linux would be superior for this?

Thanks in advance....