[PLUG] High Skilled Developers For Your Every Need: 5 (fwd)

Paul Mullen pem at nellump.net
Thu Dec 5 06:10:50 UTC 2002

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 01:06:20PM -0800, Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> How much you want to bet this is "off-shore" third-world labor?
>
> Of course, the third world economic model is very lucrative, so we're
> seeing it here more and more.

Indeed. No doubt skilled third-world coders are being rounded up by the
dozens even as we speak, bound for slave labor software sweatshops where
they'll be forced to program against their will. If only we could figure
out a way to pressure foreign governments to pass legislation
banning these human rights atrocities, those poor souls might find a way
back to the rice paddies they know and love!