[PLUG] Unknown activity on DSL

Derek Loree derek at infotects.com
Thu Dec 5 19:16:46 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 10:12, Russell Evans wrote:
> It's the dhcp server on the 678. The dhcp server will ping any address that is
> in the pool with out a lease.

AFAIK, the dhcp server is not enabled, and I know I haven't made any
configuration changes to it.  Another argument against this, is that if
dhcp was enabled, it would be in conjuction with NAT, so the address
pool would be private addresses, and the only addresses the "modem" can
see are public, which means that the 678 can't see any addresses in its
DHCP pool (if it does have a pool).

Thanks for the suggestion, process of elimination helps too.

Derek Loree