[PLUG] PLUG meeting

Carla Schroder pluglist at bratgrrl.com
Fri Dec 6 06:41:25 UTC 2002

I don't attend PLUG meetings because it is an inconvenient location no matter
what means of transportation I use. Coming from Beaverton, it's a hassle,
driving or transit. I'll choose a 20-minute drive in my gas-hog import
minivan over a 60-minute multi-transfer smoke-belching-bus/MAX adventure any
day. Especially for an evening meeting. Yeah, I know the streets o Portland
are safe as the streets of heaven, and all those scary people riding the Max
are really angels at heart. Like the SOB who tried to pickpocket my backpack,
or the gang o hoodlums who were set to rob all the passengers, until a timely
flood of cops changed their plans. It's starting to smell like Seattle
transit, every public facility up there stinks of urine. I ride transit at
least once a week, don't give me lies about how great it is.

My van gets pretty good mileage, 18 in town, 25 on the highway. It hauls
camping gear and pulls a boat quite handily, as well as a heavy power
wheelchair. My sweetie needs the wheelchair. I know, she should figure out
how to ride a bicycle or something, but the wheelchair is what she chooses to
use.

I'll hang my head in shame in a daily 30-second ritual over my evil ways.

Carla