[PLUG] PLUG meeting

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at pdxlinux.org
Fri Dec 6 07:11:35 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 22:41, Carla Schroder wrote:
> I don't attend PLUG meetings because it is an inconvenient location no matter
> what means of transportation I use. Coming from Beaverton, [...]
> I ride transit at
> least once a week, don't give me lies about how great it is.

You are grossly exagerating!  Tri-Met is nowhere near as aweful as that,
in my experience.  And from Beaverton, it's a straight shot from the MAX
to downtown, transfer to the streetcar or a bus and to PSU.  It will
take very little longer than driving, if you park at the MAX station in
Beaverton.

> My van gets pretty good mileage, 18 in town, 25 on the highway.

It amazes me that people think that 18 is "good mileage".  That totally
SUCKS.  Good mileage starts around 30 or 40.  Unfortunatly, most
vehicles don't get good mileage.

Oh, and thanks for the "fresh air", drivers.  Mighty kind of you.