[PLUG] attbi hardware

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at attbi.com
Fri Dec 6 08:15:39 UTC 2002

As far as I know the RCA box is just the cable modem. It may or may not
have a port filtering capability. I've had cable modem service for
nearly 3 years and I don't know anything about my RCA modem. I've never
been able to figure out how to connect to any sort of online
configuration for it or anything.

It's a war zone on ATTBI's network with script kiddies and others
probing around for open ports like crazy. I've only had Linux and
OpenBSD systems connected to my cable modem and have always used a
firewall.

I do squelch some of the firewall logging to ignore the many port 80
probes as well as all of broadcast noise that goes along with a cable
network. The broadcast noise is the worst with my firewall filtering
out many 1000's of packets.

Tony