[PLUG] How to activate plugin on Netscape

Stephen Liu satimis at writeme.com
Fri Dec 6 15:58:18 UTC 2002

Hi Karl,

Now I understand your posting

about:plugins (in address

(It is a table.  Sorry I could not maintain it in its original form
here)

Installed plug-ins
For more information on Netscape plug-ins, click here.

RealPlayer(tm) 7.0 Plug-In

File name: /root/.netscape/plugins/rpnp.so

RealPlayer(tm) 7.0 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In

Mime Type

Description
                                                                                              Suffixes
audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin
RealPlayer Plugin Metafile
                                                                                               rpm
                                                                                                                  Yes

Netscape Default Plugin

File name: /usr/lib/netscape/plugins/libnullplugin.so

The default plugin handles plugin data for mimetypes and extensions that
are not specified and facilitates downloading of new plugins.

Mime Type
                 Description
Suffixes
                                                                                                                Enabled
*
               All types

Shockwave Flash

File name: /usr/lib/netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so

Shockwave Flash 4.0 r12

Mime Type
                                 Description
                                                                                              Suffixes
 application/futuresplash
                        FutureSplash Player
                                                                                                spl
                                                                                                                  Yes
application/x-shockwave-flash
                         Shockwave Flash

                                               swf
Yes

What I need is to start OpenOffice to read OfficeXP file attached to a
webmail on Internet, not download it first and then read.

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Liu