[PLUG] Trimet times

lemming at attbi.com lemming at attbi.com
Fri Dec 6 17:52:38 UTC 2002

My commute:
NE 60th to Hillsboro (Intel Jones Farm)

Trimet: ~1.5 hours. (includes walk and shuttle times)

Driving: (More subjective)
Morning: 25 minutes - 45 minutes
Evening: 30 minutes - 1.25 hours

Depends on what time I leave in both directions.  Usually driving homeward sucks
more.

Advantages to Trimet: I can read and relax. cheaper than driving.
Disadvantages: Some people annoy me.  ~2 extra hours each day.

Advantages to auto: Quicker. Easier to run errands.
Disadvantages: Other drivers. more stress.

Right now I'm strapped for time so I've been driving.  I would do MAX if I had
the time to spare.  But then again, my Intel contract is up next month so it's a
 non issue then...

If I worked downtown, then MAX is the way to go. slower, but way cheaper when
parking is factored in.