[PLUG] PLUG meeting

AthlonRob athlonrob at data.4t3.com
Fri Dec 6 18:08:26 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 23:11, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

> You are grossly exagerating!  Tri-Met is nowhere near as aweful as that,
> in my experience.  And from Beaverton, it's a straight shot from the MAX
> to downtown, transfer to the streetcar or a bus and to PSU.  It will
> take very little longer than driving, if you park at the MAX station in
> Beaverton.

For me, I have to drive up to Sherwood to catch a bus.  That's 20-30
minutes there.  Then it takes "an hour" (scheduled time) to get up to
PSU.  In reality, it takes between an hour and one and a half hours.

Driving takes 45 minutes to an hour... rarely does it take a full hour.

> > My van gets pretty good mileage, 18 in town, 25 on the highway.
>
> It amazes me that people think that 18 is "good mileage".  That totally
> SUCKS.  Good mileage starts around 30 or 40.  Unfortunatly, most
> vehicles don't get good mileage.
>
> Oh, and thanks for the "fresh air", drivers.  Mighty kind of you.

Me, my suburban (15/18), and my '89 Dodge Spirit (20/30 while eating a
quart of oil every 500 miles) say "You're welcome"   :-)

As Carla was saying, though, find me a vehicle that meets my needs and
doesn't use so much gas - and I'd happily trade in.  Money is definitely
a concern, though, so it can't be too expensive.  The Suburban needs to
tow a 35' RV travel trailer.  It also needs to be able to seat six
adults - and not like what you get with a full-sized sedan, those are
too cramped.

--
Rob                                |  If not safe,
Email and Jabber:                  |    one can never be free.