[PLUG] attbi hardware

Steve Bonds 1s7k8uhcd001 at sneakemail.com
Fri Dec 6 18:55:38 UTC 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Richard Steffens rsteff-at-attbi.com |PDX Linux| wrote:

> I used ZoneAlarm on my Windows machine until I got my router, a
> Netgear RT314. I haven't had any intrusion problems since installing
> the it. The only problem I do have is that once a week or so, I have
> to power down and restart the router. I think it's related to the
> lease expiring on my attbi ip address.

I have the single port version of that same firewall (I can't quite bring
myself to call it a router since it doesn't route. ;-)

It works really well as a simple NAT firewall, but is fairly
inflexible.  I keep meaning to replace it with a Linux-based firewall for
better protection and logging but so far my zero-dollar hardware budget
has thwarted me.  Somehow many of my five year old PC parts that I swear
were working when they went into storage just aren't working now...

  -- Steve