[PLUG] Strapped to a driving chair

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at pdxlinux.org
Fri Dec 6 20:39:03 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 09:52, lemming at attbi.com wrote:
> My commute:
> NE 60th to Hillsboro (Intel Jones Farm)
>
> Trimet: ~1.5 hours. (includes walk and shuttle times)
>
> Driving: (More subjective)
> Morning: 25 minutes - 45 minutes
> Evening: 30 minutes - 1.25 hours
>
> Depends on what time I leave in both directions.  Usually driving homeward sucks
> more.

Yeah, if you hang out at Happy Hour to avoid the rush, you could drive
home with a buzz though...  Gotta have that drink to come down from the
coffee.

> Advantages to Trimet: I can read and relax. cheaper than driving.
> Disadvantages: Some people annoy me.  ~2 extra hours each day.

Yeah, people are SO annoying.  One time this person I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW
started TALKING to me!  Jeepers creepers!  It's like, they totally
expect a complete STRANGER to be SOCIAL like that!  And all those pretty
women on their way to work!  Totally ANNOYING!  They're so distracting,
you know it?

> Advantages to auto: Quicker. Easier to run errands.
> Disadvantages: Other drivers. more stress.
>
> Right now I'm strapped for time so I've been driving.  I would do MAX if I had
> the time to spare.  But then again, my Intel contract is up next month so it's a
>  non issue then...

You are WASTING more time by driving.  Strapped to the SEAT.  You could
be READING or something to UTILIZE the commuting time.

> If I worked downtown, then MAX is the way to go. slower, but way cheaper when
> parking is factored in.

Who cares about cheaper when you can afford to pollute anyhow?  Money to
burn and time to waste!  Must be nice!  Blow your nose in a kirt hanky!