[PLUG] Re: Kernel removal

Dirk Ouellette hapibeli at attbi.com
Fri Dec 6 23:28:37 UTC 2002

Thanks Rich & Steve. What think you of these methods, particularly the
synaptic one?
Dirk

#1;
Let me start with a disclaimer - I've only done this one time and not on
RH installation.  That said, make sure that the symlink /usr/src/linux
points to the source files of the kernel you intend to keep.  Then, rm
the
tree of the source(s) you wish to discard.  Also, rm the related files
in
/boot - which is probably the partition that is squawking about
inadequate
space.

JimW

#2;
I'm also running Red Hat 8.0 and have upgraded the kernels.  I did
install synaptic and apt-get.  I used synaptic to select the older
kernels to remove, and it passed the remove request to apt-get, which
passed it to rpm.  It edited the grub config file for me too.