[PLUG] PLUG meeting

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Fri Dec 6 23:29:59 UTC 2002

A couple of small points...

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Russ Johnson wrote:
> Just to give you real world results. I drove to work (downtown from SW
> 185th) yesterday, and rode the Max today.
>
> Driving:
> Elapsed: 32 minutes.
>
> Max:
> Elapsed: 53 minutes.
>
> The trip outlined here is typical for a morning, rush hour commute
> from Willow Creek transit center. I've been doing this for almost 4
> years.

Why do you live so far from work?  Would you have moved out there or taken
the job (whichever came second) if you DIDN'T have the option of using a
single-user private automobile for the commute?

> I don't think nearly a doubling of my travel time as "very little
> longer than driving".

That's a matter of perspective, really.  It's 21 minutes.  You can round
up by more than fifty percent and call it "double" and that sounds like
more than "very little", but you can also figure that it takes about 21
minutes to make and eat breakfast or peruse a couple sections of the daily
paper, it really is "very little" time.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin