[PLUG] Easiest way to get printing going (ideally on Debian)?

Chris Emery deathfox at moochercrew.org
Sat Dec 7 05:59:31 UTC 2002

> Any suggestions on 1) what word processor to set her up with; and 2)
> what print system to attempt to install?  Does the answer to #2 depend
> on the answer to #1?

2 is totaly independent of anything else you choose, and should work for
all printing situations.  There are two options, one is LPR, which I
have NO clue how to do, I belive it's an old Berkley thing.  The one
which I use and would definitly sugest is CUPS, with the GimpPrint
drivers installed if need be.  It has a nice web interface for setting
up printers.  Go to http://www.cups.org for information on installing,
though if I remember on debian it's just an apt-get install cups and
cups-gimpprint (or something like that).