[PLUG] Easiest way to get printing going (ideally on Debian)?

Mark Martin mmartin at amath.washington.edu
Sat Dec 7 03:23:44 UTC 2002

It's www.openoffice.org NOT www.openoffice.com.

Most people won't want to use LyX.  In my experience, you almost have to know
LaTeX (as I do) to make good use of LyX.

If your girlfriend doesn't need tables, Abiword writes perfectly fine M$ Word
files (really RTF files) and is nicely lightweight.  If she needs to read doc
files created with Word and edit them or if she needs to use tables, she'd be
better off with OpenOffice (which is not so lightweight).

Mark