[PLUG] PLUG meeting

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Sat Dec 7 22:29:33 UTC 2002

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, Russ Johnson wrote:
>  From the conversations I've had with some drivers (while they are
> busy driving), they get docked in their pay if they are late. So when
> they DO get behind, they try like the dickens to get caught up.
> Otherwise, they feel it in their wallet.

I talk to drivers all the time, usually about their work.  I've NEVER
heard that their pay is docked.  I'd be absolutely shocked if this were
true because their union is actually quite strong (by modern American
standards).

Late arrival at the end of the line usually diminishes break-time and THAT
might be an incentive for some drivers to "try like the dickens", but for
most it's relatively minor.

I'll look into this today.

J.
--