[PLUG] Switching consoles & video card

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Dec 8 03:17:30 UTC 2002

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, Kyle Accardi wrote:

> That seems strange.

  Carla just taught me that kudzu is defective. It will correctly write the
config file for a new installation but not for a card replacement.

> I've always used ctrl-atl-Fn.  I notice in the sawfish window manager (at
> least) alt-fn changes workspaces.

  That works when you're running X. When working at a console: plain text,
no X Window System running, I've _always_ had alt-Fn work for me.

  Does on this workstation and it does on my notebook. There must be
something elemental missing on the other workstation. Isn't this strange?

Thanks, Kyle,