[PLUG] flickering monitor advice?

Bill Barry barryb at proaxis.com
Sun Dec 8 09:18:44 UTC 2002

Do you have the monitor and computer plugged into the
same power strip? If not, try that. Sometimes if they
are plugged into different places that have different
paths to ground you can greatly increase the noise
pickup. For instance you may have the computer plugged
into a ups and the monitor not plugged into the same ups.
This can sometimes be a problem.

There is a discussion of this problem here
http://documents.epanorama.net/documents/groundloop/basics.html

Bill